Hunter's Run Conservancy District

PO Box 1139

Lancaster, Ohio 43130

Email: [email protected]



Hunter's Run Conservancy District was incorporated in 1952 as a political subdivision under Ohio Revised Code (ORC) 6101. The District was created in response to numerous years of flooding in the Hunter's Run and Upper Hocking Watershed, with the last flood occurring in 1948.


Construction of all the dams was completed by 1961. The District originally consisted of eight flood control dams and twenty-two sediment control structures. Two of those sediment control structures have been removed from the District's operation. 


The Hunter's Run dams control fifty-percent of the runoff that flows through Lancaster within the Upper Hocking Watershed. See the map below for the location of the various structures. The watershed extends from the confluence of Hunter's Run and the Hocking River near Cenci Park in an area bounded by State Route 158 north to Dumontville and west on US 22 to Delmont Rd, then north in an area bounded by Rockmill Rd and Amanda Northern Rd. 


In addition to the farms, homes and businesses in the flood plain, there are twenty two bridges and eight miles of roadway protected by these structures. 


 


Hunter's Run Conservancy District

     



Mo​nthly P​ublic Board Meetings


When:       

Third Thursday of every Month

at 6:30 pm


Where:    

       

Sitterley Law Offices

       T​he Mithoff Building, Suite 168 - First Floor

       166 W. Main Street, Lancaster, Ohio 43130

          

                      

                      

COMPLIANCE

Is Our Number 1 Priority

SAFETY

We Take Safety Seriously

MAINTENANCE

Keeping Structures Sound

PARTNERSHIPS

Partnering for Success

0